How to make Cold Porcelain Clay

Thursday, December 19, 2013




Hey everyone. So it has been a while since I last updated here. School has been pretty much he rice and I've been so busy with my fitness blog as well. If you want to check it out its at this address: www.thinspirationaljourney.wordpress.com

Anyway, I have found a new hobby that I really enjoy and it's sculpting with air dry or porcelain clay. Now I have been getting some requests from friends to show or teach them how to make this said clay. So I made a video tutorial showing you how easy it is to make it.






Here are the list of things you will need:

1 cup of cornstarch
1 cup of white glue (Elmer's)
2 tablespoons of baby oil
2 tablespoons of vinegar
Hand lotion
Microwaveable bowl
Plastic wrap
Ziplock

Step 1: put cornstarch, glue, babyoil, and vinegar into a microwaveable bowl
Step 2. Mix it until it's smooth and has very minimal lumps
Step 3: on a medium setting microwave it for 15 seconds
Step 4: take it out and mix it properly
Step 5: repeat step 3&4 about 10-20 times until your clay is cooked
Don't forget to always stir it properly
Step 6: on a clean and smooth surface, spread some lotion on it and on your hands
Step7: take your clay and start kneading it for about 10-15 minutes
Step 8: pull apart some clay and if it forms a tear drop then you're good to go
Step 9: smear some lotion on some plastic wrap and place your clay in to to store it
Step 10: refrigerate your clay over night or 24 hours.
Step 11: tada!!!!!

It really is that simple.

If you have question please feel free to leave a comment below.

xoxo
Lara Krystle Novales
a.k.a. Khaleesi-Chan

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. huwaaaaaaaaaaah... it's so amazing! <3 <3 <3 Thanks for the tutorial! <3 I love it so much! This might come in handy next time... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *