This is so nostalgic!

Lara Krystle blogging on her laptop while in car



It's been several years since I last blogged. Blogging was such a big part of my teenage years, NGL.

I started with LiveJournal, then Xanga, and later tried the blogging features of Friendster, MySpace, Multiply. Eventually, I moved to Tumblr, Wordpress, and Blogspot.

Logging in and sharing my day-to-day activities and thoughts brought me so much enjoyment. That was until the era of vlogging and short-form content took over. I wasn't able to keep up because it just didn't appeal to me, though I did give it a try.

Anyway, here we are...

To be honest, I've been deliberating about returning to blogging for a while now, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. So, I did some research.

In my quest to restart my blog correctly, I looked into online resources, but all the "blogging experts" insisted that I needed to monetize my blog. They even suggested that if I wasn't monetizing, I was just wasting my time. This overwhelming emphasis on monetization led to decision fatigue as I tried to set everything up perfectly. It was really frustrating!

This made me realize that I don't want to "monetize" my blog. I want to write for the fun of it, the way it was done back in the early 2000s. Blogging for the sake of capturing moments in life through words and pictures.

"But Lara... Why not just post reels or TikToks?"

Well, I thought about that too, but I don't enjoy or prefer that kind of storytelling. You can't write or present a story well in such a tiny space on the screen. If I were good at editing videos, maybe I would opt for short-form content or even long-form vlogs, but alas, I am not.

So, back to blogging.

To be honest, I am so excited! My aim is to document life and hopefully connect with like-minded people along the way.

I'd love for you to join me on this journey. Feel free to comment, share your thoughts, and let's create a community of fellow bloggers who write for the sheer joy of it. 


In Christ,

Lara Krystle

0 comments

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara