Oki Doki Craft Shop SPOTTED

Sunday, April 13, 2014


Oki Doki Craft Shop


My love for crafts sometimes turns me into an obsessed crafting-fangirl. During Otakulympics I spotted this amazing craft shop where I bought some things as mentioned in this previous post of mine about my delicious craft haul
And because I have fallen in-love with said Craft Shop I decided to visit it once more as a blogger and try to get some low-down on this amazing start up store called:





I was able to get a hold of miss Erika and ask her a couple of questions about their wonderful craft shop.




Tell us a little something about your business. Where does the name okidoki come from?

Oki Doki Crafts is a craft store in Bacolod City that sells an array of arts and craft supplies, sewing notions and novelties. We sell stamps, scrapbooking materials and paper goods.
The name Oki Doki Crafts was actually inspired by, of all things, a Korean grocery store in Cebu. My husband and I were in a cab in Cebu, talking about our plans for the craft store we were about to open. We wanted to brand it with something catchy and easy to remember, and even a little funny. So we passed by this store named OkiOki Grocery. We thought it was funny. And it hit us, we were gonna name the store Oki Doki Crafts! It was short, cute and catchy. :) Best of all, it was an expression we both use all the time. 

What inspired you to open a shop dedicated to selling arts and crafts supplies?

Oki Doki Crafts has been something I want ed to do for the longest time. I started getting into paper crafts, particularly scrap-booking, when I was in still in school. Being a Fine Arts grad, I was always exposed to all sorts of art techniques and materials, but always found sources for the supplies lacking. (At the time, National Bookstore was not available here in Bacolod). So when my husband and I were brainstorming about a new business venture, he volunteered the craft store idea, since he knew I was really into it. And we both saw the potential of the "crafting" market. 

What are your best sellers?

Our bestselling items would have to be our writing materials. We have multicolored pen sets  that sell out really fast. Our stamps and scrap-booking papers are also very fast moving.
Rubber band bracelets seem to be very IN with teens as of late, so our Rubber Band DIY Kits are also very sellable.

what other items do you plan on possibly adding in the future.

We are currently working on launching our very own line of Oki Doki Craft Supplies. We have already started with our very own hand-crafted scrapbooks. We have scrap-booking materials such as embellishments, in the works already. Hopefully we could launch everything by June or July.
What sets you apart from other craft shops that may be around town?
We at Oki Doki, pride ourselves for meticulously selecting all the products being displayed at the store. We make sure we are updated with the latest trends is crafting and scrap-booking. That's why you see new stuff every week at the store.  Another thing that sets us apart is our pricing, We make sure that our products are affordable so more people can enjoy them. 

What is the OkiDoki dream? What d you hope to achieve with OkiDokie in the future?

Oki Doki won't be stopping with one store. We have grand plans for expanding. Hopefully we could also see the Oki Doki Craft Supplies line of scrap-booking goods take off into the national market. We also want to bring in more foreign crafting brands to the store
Ambitious, we know, but a little wishful thinking never hurt anyone. :)

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Let us take a look at some of their products. 

SCRAPBOOKING PAPER GALORE! Look at the pretty patterns! 





♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

They also have a plethora of various notebooks and planners!!



Heart Planner organizer Oki Doki Crafts

kokeshi Doll Planner organizer Oki Doki Crafts

kokeshi Doll Planner organizer Oki Doki Crafts2

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

And then they have a large collection of Washi Tapes and various ribbons! If you are the type like me who likes to spice your things up then this is the place to get is (if you live in Bacolod Of course)





♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Stamping! I used to have a stamping colletion as a child but nothing like this. Mine usually contained hello kitty or Disney princess, the ones that go along with stationary gift sets. But the stamps that Oki Doki offers are really so CUTE and KAWAII and I feel like I want to buy them all (i wish I had a lot of money for all my shopping and crafting whims)

Of course they also sell Ink pads. As a set or you can purchase individual colors!











♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Next up are all the other assorted things like wooden beads, pompoms, stickers, labels, ETC!
Im not really into scrapbooking because I think those really use up a lot of time and materials but seeing all these supplies makes me want to start scrabooking. hahaha! but maybe someday when Im older and have nothing else to do with my life. :) (just kidding) 





♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

One of the things I have been eyeing there are the cardboard letter blocks which come in two sizes a medium and large one. I really seriously want to buy these and stick it in my room somewhere but I don't know where yet. :) You can decorate this with paint, or washie tape and ribbons :) I was thinking of making it into a DECODEN project :) 




♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Of course a craft shop wouldnt be complete with out metal findings and more. They offer these really whimsy and even witty metal charms which i find completely adorable to an extent that I bought several pack before when I first visited them. And I think I will purchase some again to upgrade some of my craft items for my own store.  






♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

And one of the best parts is the AVAILABLITY of FELT CLOTH!!!!!!! When I saw these babies I nearly died of happiness. I have been looking around for felt fabric before and I finally found some here in Oki Doki and it comes at a reasonable price too! 18php per roll!!  the tricky part is that other colors sell out so fast so when you see that they restocked, BUY THEM IMMEDIATELY before someone beats you to it ^_^



♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
One thing that I also likes about Oki Doki is the Weekly Clip Board. They have blue and pink perfect for both boys and girls. I was thinking of getting one but I'm noot quite sure where I can put it in my room since I already have a calendar poster and a to do poster for myself and for Khrafteesi (my online store). But hey, you don't really need a reason to buy things right? 


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

To sum things up, I'm really happy and so stoked for Oki Doki Crafts because of their product offerings plus they are realyl very friendly. :) All smiles! And you know how important Customer Experience is for me.  (im picky in that way)

I've had such a great time exploring their store and taking photos of their things and frankly speaking I was unable to cover ALL their items which means YOU need to go and visit them to see the rest of the treasures they offer. And from what I saw in their Facebook page, they just restocked on certain items!! Which means, for me, I have to go there today and BUY! hahahaha!






If you enjoyed this very first SPOTTED entry let me know in tha comments below. 
Also, what do you think of Oki Doki? Have you bought anything from them or would you like to? 

Until next time!!


xoxo
Lara Krystle Novales
a.k.a. Khaleesi-Chan




You Might Also Like

1 comments

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *