I Might Really Be A Workaholic

Sunday, September 21, 2014




Ever since I started with my small business KHRAFTEESI, I noticed a great deal of change with the way I worked. I have been so excited about the prospect of really making my small business work and all that beautiful stuff but then lately a lot of my friends have brought up something with me. 



"Lara, you're a workaholic."

Now I have to admit that I find this hard to believe, even my family will have  hard time believing this because as a young child, I was rather lazy and didn't have so much focus at all. So I shoved their comments and concerns aside and just laughed it all, "Hahaha yeah right! Im no workaholic." 

But then ever since taking on a certain event, a booth for my products, that was when things started to dawn on me. 24/7 all I thought about was work. When I was at my classes, I couldn't wait for it to end so I can go home and work on my craft. Even between classes I would be working -- paper work, planning, inventory, lists, editing the photos, posting etc. I turn down invitations and often go it alone during lunch break because I worked while eating. 

I even gave up going to the gym and blogging for Kawaii Fitness just to be able to pull through this event. 

All this time I thought I was just being a hard and enthusiastic worker. Pursuing this small dream in order to achieve a bigger one.  But then the words of my friends echoed through my head. 

I don't know if I should be worried.......

So I went online and searched for topics on workaholics and this is what I found:

Workaholics are intense, energetic, competitive and driven
- The statement above is so very true. I am intense, I am energetic, and I am competitive and driven. 
Workaholics have self-doubts
- The amount of self doubt I have is indescribable, if you are my friend on facebook and you've seen my status messages about my stresses regarding this topic, you'd say that this trait is spot on. 
Workaholics prefer work to leisure
- As much as I enjoy leisure, sometimes I feel guilty when Im not doing anything productive. I feel like IM just wasting precious time. 
Workaholics work anytime, anywhere
- Like I have mentioned earlier, I work anywhere, I would be constantly thinking, scribbling, planning plotting out projects and stuff. 
Workaholics make the most of their time
- this goes with the above statement as well. Whenever I have even just a small window of time open, I use it for working. I make sure that no time is wasted. 
Workaholics blur the line between business and pleasure. As a consequence, it’s not uncommon for workaholics to have major health problems including stress-induced illnesses, chronic fatigue and increased anxiety levels
- I always have to plan my life around my business/work, If I am schaduled to meet a certain quota for that day and then a friend asks me out, I turn it down immediately, same thing goes for school activities, When there are events that are suddenly posted without even a week's notice, I get all flustered and I feel like my entire schedule and work is compramised, then I stress out a lot trying to re plot my activities and schedules. 
- So far I don't have any health problems, but I can feel that my back isn't as good as it used to be and also, since I haven't been going to the gym nor have i been eating healthy I can feel my energy levels dropping and my sleeping patterns alter a bit. As for increased anxiety levels, I must say that mine are pretty much elevated and I feel like Im always so tired but even then I still work until I am about to LITERALLY collapse (which I do on the bed) 

Basically I can't stop thinking about work. Work issues distract me from relationships. A part of me is always longing to get back to work. Nothing-- not eating, socializing, sleeping-- is as satisfying. 

This is only true with my work/ business, but not true for my classes. For me that only comes in 3rd in my life. Work, Gym, School LOL hahaha! 

Anyway, like I said, I don't know whether I should be worried about this or not. I'd like to know your opinions. feel free to comment below on what you think about this situation. 


xoxo
Lara Krystle Novales
a.k.a. Khaleesi-Chan

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *