Simple DIY Advent Calendar

Tuesday, December 02, 2014


It is finally December and we all know that Christmas is the most anticipated time of the year. And in celebration of the Christmas season, I am here to show you guys this cute little advent calendar I made using resources online. :) 

So without further ado. Here we go:

Things you will need: 

1. Design of your choice: I used THIS  printable I found on pinterest and flickr. But feel free to choose your own or make your own even if you are adept at making graphic like such.
2. Scrapbook paper (or any paper of your choosing. I used a shimmery pastel pink board paper for my calendar.
3. Stencils of your choice. You have to make sure that the image you are going to cut will fit into the stencil. I used my big cookie cutters I use for my clay crafts as my stencil. 
5. Pencil
6. Christmas music in the Background to cheer you on

STEPS:

#1. Print out and cut your images.  I used sticker paper for mine because I had some lying around and I didn't want to be bothered with the whole gluing the photos to another paper so I used sticker paper instead to make my life easier. 


Step. #2. Trace and cut your stencil  I used two shapes to alternate between days just to give it a little variety. You can use any shape you want okay? Some people like using little christmas trees and gingerbread men shapes so it really is up to your own personal preference.



Step #3. Lay out your pattern and roughly position your number cut outs the way you want them to be placed on the base template.  like the photo below. 


Step #4. Stick them on. :) 


Step #5. I used these small clothes pin and some fishing string (or twine) as a way to display the Advent calendar




So that basically sums it up. It really is a very easy and quick DIY that anyone can do. 

Happy Holidays everyone!!

xoxo
Lara Krystle Novales




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Onga no... what a nice idea!!! Im deff trying this :) thank you !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh do show me I'd love to see your advent calendar. :3 :3

      Delete

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *