30 Day Squat Challenge

Friday, July 13, 2018

Level: Beginner to Intermediate



Its time to get the booty back to being BOOTY-ful by revamping my old Squat Challenge and making it a little more balanced, making it both easier and a bit harder.
I used to be a fitness blogger before my life turned into a hellstorm of academic requirements. So I had to let go of my fitness and wellness. And because I am already on a raod to recovery with my Auto Immune Protocol (which I will write about in next time), I wanted to kick start my easing back in by using and revamping my old 30 Day Squat Till your Drop challenge.
And I'd love to share it with everyone here. :)

I know it looks a little daunting the reps get higher, but here is the thing. You dont have to do it all in one go. You can do 10 squats at a time as long as by the end of the day you finish whatever is required for that day. :) So there really isn't any pressure on doing it all in one go!
Doesn't that sound much better?

First let us start with some Exercise notes



Exercise notes:

1.  Squat (body weight): 

  1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. You can place your hands behind your head. This will be your starting position. 
  2. Begin the movement by flexing your knees and hips, sitting back with your hips. 
  3. Continue down to full depth if you are able,and quickly reverse the motion until you return to the starting position. 
  4. As you squat, keep your head and chest up and push your knees out. 


2. Squat Jump (Freehand Jump Squat) 

  1. Cross your arms over your chest. With your head up and your back straight, position your feet at shoulder width. 
  2. Keeping your back straight and chest up, squat down as you inhale until your upper thighs are parallel, or lower, to the floor. 
  3. Now pressing mainly with the ball of your feet, jump straight up in the air as high as possible, using the thighs like springs. Exhale during this portion of the movement. 
  4. When you touch the floor again, immediately squat down and jump again. 
  5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions. 
Caution: Do not perform this movement if you have any knee or back injuries due to the impact involved. Also, make certain that your landings are controlled and that you land with your two feet straight (toes touching the floor first). The wrong landing can result in a sprained ligament.

 3. Wall- sit 

  1.  Make sure your legs are at a 90-degree angle, press your back against the wall, and hold it until you absolutely can’t hold it any longer. 
  2.  Tip: Place your hands on top of your head or hold them out in front to add a little work for your shoulders. 
  3. But whatever you do, don’t cheat and rest them on your thighs! 
 4.Split Squat (Alternate lunges) 


  1. Being in a standing position. Jump into a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back, flexing the knees and lowering your hips slightly as you do so.
  2.  As you descend, immediately reverse direction, standing back up and jumping, reversing the position of your legs. 
  3. Repeat on each leg.
Now you can choose to just Print or save the image above but I also uploaded this in an album you can find here: SQUAT TILL YOU DROP INDIVIDUAL DAYS ALBUM  or on my Facebook page here:  LARA KRYSTLE FACEBOOK PAGE

xx
Lara Novales

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *