The Road So Far

Thursday, April 05, 2018

It's been a while since I last updated as per usual. Mainly because things have been hectic due to GRADUATION!



Yes that is right! I finally graduated! <3
It has been a 4.5 year journey in University of Saint La Salle and it is finally over. I have had my fair share of qualms about my stay in that institution but I am equally just as glad that I decided to go on a journey through that place.

Now. After all that time I am finally a degree holder of Bachelor of Science Majoring in Marketing Management. It was not an easy journey, there were so many ups and downs but I am proud to say that I was able to just get through. Here are just a few things major that happened for the past few months.


Our section was able to champion our Marketer's Union Production Night: MUSICALES with our 8 minute Adaptation of the hit musical MAMMA MIA. We won several awards for it.

  • Best Female Performer (me)
  • Best Costumes
  • Best Choreography
  • Overall Champions
It was a very unexpected win but we did it. We weren't really aiming to do so but because we just performed for fun, I guess it all paid out. I even made a vlog post about it. You can view it here on my channel. We won and got so much hate for it. But what's university without any drama? 



After our production night we had other things like the M.U. Night but I did not attend that since I had other more important things I had to attend to.

After that of course was more school work then out of the blue our group was one of the selected to present in the very first University of Saint La Salle College of Business and Accountancy Research Colloquium.



Me, Angela, Shamay, Edlyn, and Dianne's hard work was recognized as something that is actually good. As per usual, we weren't really aiming for excellent quality work, we just wanted to present research on something that we actually want to research on and as much as possible make sure that it was complete.
We weren't included in the top two but we are ecstatic to have been one of the presenters. It was no easy task.

After that whirlwind of a presentation, the section decided to go on a trip out of town for an overnight of fun. So we went to Mambukal to just have some rest and relaxation. I do have some video clips of the trip but I haven't gotten around to editing it yet because of the busy schedule but I do have plans on doing that within the month of March.


 It was an extremely fun overnight trip, albeit we got a little hungry at the end because we finished up  most of the food, but the bonding was real. I got to spend time with everyone and other got to spend time with the rest. Even if we weren't complete during the trip, it was still worthwhile.

And of course, last but not the least. GRADUATION PRACTICE and the GRADUATION RITES.


Everyone was so tired during the rehearsals and everyone was really grumpy due to the heat and the graduation committee were super STRICT like there was no tomorrow. Additional drama happened during rehearsals and during the day itself. But we were finally able to finish everything in record time
2 HOURS! that is the QUICKEST Graduation Rites in USLS to date with over 1,400+ students who marched, not to mention those who received academic honors such as valedictorians and cum laudes.

Bottom line, I was super ecstatic to have been part of it all and all that hard work was worth it. I may have been one of the more difficult students of USLS due to my highly opinionated views and my constance deviance of the educational structure but in the end, it all fell into place.

My sister even wrote a blog post about the whole shebang right here: GRADUATION RIGHTS | DaynaDream

I know this post is super delayed but I have been quite overwhelmed these past few months but now finally Ive posted it.



Congratulations Graduates of Bachelors of Science, Major in Marketing Management Batch of 2018 Section 4C. WE DID IT!

How about you? What's been going on so far?

xx
Lara Novales



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *