Part 1 of Day 1 of "I Do 4 Cosplay Exhibition" Beijing China

Wednesday, June 19, 2013


This post has been long due and yet I only post it now. Better late than never I guess. For the longest time I've lived in Beijing China I have only even been to 1 cosplay event. Mainly because I was not well connected with the cosplay community here due to the language barrier. No matter how hard you search for keywords online like "Cosplay event Beiing" or "Beijing cosplay" or anything similar, you will not get any results that you can actually understand. Because everything is in Chinese.

Thankfully one day my sister decided to check the website of the very first cosplay convention in Beijing I went to back in 2012(?), and they had an announcement that there was an event. Our Chinese reading skills proved to be just enough to figure out where and when it will be held.

So thus we were able to go to the Beijing, "I DO4" Cosplay convention/Exhibition.
It was held in the National Convention Center at the Beijing Olympic Park.

It was a 2 day event and I went both days. On the first day I went as (inner) Moka Akashiya from Rosario Vampire. I was supposed to go as Anna Kushina from K Anime but my costume had some problems so I had to improvise with what I had. Luckily my sister had a skirt kinda like Moka's and then we had white polo shirts. The only thing I had missing was the green blazer but I had to do without.

So i braved the streets of Beijing in my costume. Sure enough I did earn countless of stares from a lot of people but it was fun. :) When I got down at the subway stop in the Olympic Green there were TONS of cosplayers getting ready right there at the subway platform! I was so happy to finally see fellow cosers (cosplayers in Beijing) after almost 6 months.

So I headed to the entrance of the convention center and there were  a LOT of people! Luckily I didn't really have to line up because I had preordered my tickets in advance. So I just went in and took photos and had fun on the first day.

Well here are some photos.








More to come soon!

JA! Mata ne!
Lara Novales (Neko-Chan)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *