5 Reasons to Start Journaling

Saturday, February 03, 2018

When I was younger I had so much creativity and so much ideas flowing through my head and I often times tried to make sure I never forget those ideas and work on them one way or another without really bothering how to make it happen but I just did.
As I grew older and things started to change, there was one thing that I removed from my life and that was journaling (or keeping a diary)
I mean, I know I still keep planners, but planners are for planning out the future, it is hardly self reflective. I lost a lot of my self reflection. So as a part of my self improvement or goals for 2018 for the creativity part, Im going to bring back journaling into my life.

Journaling is very important to any human being. Our greatest minds like Albert Einstein, Issac Newton, Da Vinci had one thing in common which helped in carving out history as we know it. THey all kept journals.

"If you’re serious about becoming a wealthy, powerful, sophisticated, healthy, influential, cultured, and unique individual, keep a journal.” - Jim Rohn

Why is journaling such an important and helpful thing for us?  Here are 5 reasons to start journaling:


1. Self reflection - Writing things down helps improve memory, understanding and learning. When yu write things down in a reflective manner it makes connections in our brains and makes things easily understandable.  Those who journal and do a lot of self reflecting tend to have better grades in school or do better at work and even become more capable in thinking up of solutions to problems.

2. Freeing the mind - Our brains are made for thinking, creating and discovering, NOT for storing. It is always better to write things that pop into our head so that we don't have to burden ourselves daily in terms of having to make a conscious effort to remember things. That's why it is so helpful to have a journal or even just a brain dump in order to free up some serious "bytes" in our mind in order to make room for creative thinking.

3. #GoalsAchieved - When you write you somehow are able to keep track of whatever it is you are striving to achieve whether it is just a simple essay you have to submit in a week's time or a project you're working on for years. Having a journal definetly helps you keep track.

4. Reduces stress - when you are able to vent out, you start feeling better about things. When you journal this does that exactly. No one is really going to read your journals any time soon so there is no need to fear of being judged. Just letting your mind and feelings flow from yourself to the paper and lift up your spirits and take a load off.

5. Creativity - With all the above combined, creativity will start flowing back to you. You'll be able to make things, create things, and accomplish more.

Yas girl (or boy)!!

So with that Im going to regularly journal again and I want to see how it improves my overall well being mentally and creatively.

WOW, I really feel like 2018 is really going to be full of great things! I'm truly excited. I desire to be the best version of myself I possibly can.

xx
Lara Novales


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Leave a comment on this box and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can :P

- Lara

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *